Improved client deployment options:
- Use the Connector to connect to a server on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials from a remote location.
- Customers can always be connected to the server when they are off-site using the Connector to trigger automatic VPN dialing in domain-joined clients.
- Configure the Connector to connect to other servers using Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials without the need to reinstall.
- Improved Connector performance has been achieved by reducing its memory and CPU usage.
Added functionalities for managing users and groups:
- Management of user groups.
- Office 365 distribution groups management.
- Create user groups and add user accounts to them.
Added functionalities in Server Storage:
- Folder management on a second server within a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials network.
Server folder quota
- Create shared folders on a secondary server while keeping the same Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path prefix.
- Set a space quota for a server folder and receive an alert when it grows beyond its defined quota.
Improved data protection
- File History backups are configured per user instead of per device.
- If your computer becomes unavailable, use File History backups to automatically restore your data.
Health Reports integration:
- Health Reports no longer needs to be installed as an add-in.
- Find the Alerts and Reports tabs in the Home page. Customize the system health reports to show the items that are relevant to your business.
- If the server running Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials is located remotely, turn on BranchCache for improved data access.