- Instant Digital Download
- 24/7 live chat
- 90 Days Money Back
- Certified Partner
Having an SQL Server has become commonplace in many working environments, and as their demand grows, Microsoft is constantly adding newer editions with more advanced features. The new version, SQL Server 2017 Standard 2 Core, is a great upgrade from its predecessor and comes with many new benefits. Among the notable features include graph database capabilities, availability groups, batch mode adaptive joins, and memory grant feedback, among others. These new features make it one of the most effective and efficient database software solutions on the market.
The Core Licensing model for SQL Server 2017 Standard requires that you purchase a license for every Core on your Host Machine or Virtual Machine with a license, which is sold in packs of 2 Cores. There are no CALs required for this server version, and it covers unlimited devices or users accessing the application or database. For instance, if your server has (2) Intel Xeon E5-1620 processors, and each processor contains 4 cores, then you will have to cover 8 cores with 4 SQL Server 2017 Standard 2 Core Licenses.
The Core licensing model of SQL Server 2017 Standard helps you to cover an unlimited number of devices and/or users accessing the database without an additional cost. The users or devices won’t need any special licenses to be able to access the server database. Thus, it enables you to grow your business without additional Server access costs even when you add new employees or new devices into the system. You will only need additional Server licenses when you upgrade your existing Core licenses server into a newer server version, for instance, from SQL 2016 to SQL 2017.
Linux compatibility and integration has been improved in SQL Server 2017 Standard 2 Core, and the compatibility has become more seamless. Thus, this version SQL Server solution allows cross Operating System migrations and testing.
Are you looking for a different Server Software and Database Management solution to support your business? Do you need first-rate software affordably and quickly? Check out our store section and browse our large selection of available options. Get the best deals on one of the world’s leading Server Software and Database Management solutions by shopping with us.
- Fastest Performance: consistently leads in the TPC-E OLTP workload, the TPC-H data warehousing workload, as well as real-world application performance benchmarks – and does all these on Windows and Linux.
- Industry-Leading Performance: obtain industry-leading Performance, security, and availability on the platform of your own choosing, including Windows, Linux, and Docker.
- Most secure database: Least vulnerable database for 7 years a row (according to the National Institute of Standards and Technology vulnerabilities database) and protects your data at rest and in motion. The security is supported by layers of the protection security approach.
- High availability and disaster recovery: AlwaysOn technology helps you to gain mission-critical uptime, easy setup, fast failover, and load balancing of readable secondaries on Linux and Windows.
- Use your choice of language and platforms: Build modern applications using the language of your choice, R or Python, both on-premises and in the cloud now on Windows, Docker, and Linux.
- End-to-end mobile BI: you can now turn raw data into understandable reports, which can be delivered to any device at a much lower cost of compared to other self-service solutions.
- Highest performing data warehouses: Obtain data support, form small data marts to large enterprise data warehouses, while reducing data storage needs with enhanced data compression.
- Real-time hybrid analytical/transactional processing: Combine in-memory Rowstore and the new Columnstore capabilities for real-time operational analytics, and experience fast analytical processing right on your transactional data.
- Real-time intelligence: Gain essential transformative insights for your enterprise with fat, real-time analytics.
- Easy-to-use tools and connectors: Use your already gained skills, together with such familiar tools as SQL Server Management Studio and Azure Active Directory, to manage all your database infrastructure across on-premises SQL Server and Microsoft Azure.
- Consistent data platform, on-premises to cloud: Gain consistent experience with your server from on-premises to the cloud – allowing you to consistently build and deploy hybrid solutions for effectively managing your data investments.
- Direct Querying: use your server and the newly developed features to reduce time to insights through direct Querying against tabular and multidimensional models.
- Easy upgrade: you can easily upgrade your SQL Server, for instance, from Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition, without requiring an application re-write and while maintaining your Core license.
I love having the software. I was easy to install, but hard to et up thereafter. I don't always have the time to spend an afternoon doing the setup or calling for help.
S. Telford 11/31/2023
Installation Issue - Great Customer Support
Great customer support! Timely, personable, and professional.Thx, Daniel!!
Ray Eband 11/29/2023
Installation of MS Office 2021
I spent a good few hours this morning to install Office 2021 without success. Joe
Makoto Shinohara 18/11/2023
What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2019?
You get the premium Office software with the Office 365 subscription plans: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access are only available on a PC). Office 365 can be enabled across various devices, including PCs, Macs, Android tablets, Android phones, iPad ®, and iPhone ®. Office 365 also comes with services such as 1 TB OneDrive room, 60 Skype minutes a month and support for Microsoft chat and phone. You get the new versions of the software with a subscription, and also receive updates as they happen. Learn more about Office 365.
Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that includes classic PC or Mac applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and does not contain any of the features that come with an Office 365 subscription. One-time purchases do not have an upgrade option, which means you would need to buy it at full price if you intend to upgrade to the next major update.
How do I know my PC or Mac can run Office?
By viewing the requirements, you can verify if your computer will support your Office version.
Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
No. Office applications are designed to better function on each system and platform. The Office applications and version numbers available to Mac users can vary from those available to PC users.
Can people with an earlier version of Office open documents I created using Office 365 or Office 2019?
Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 applications can open your documents without further intervention. Customers using earlier Office versions would need to download and install a compatibility pack.
Is Internet access required for Office?
Internet access is required for downloading and enabling all the new Office suites releases and all Office 365 subscription plans. Internet access is also required for Office 365 plans to control your subscription account, e.g. to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access for documents stored on OneDrive is also required, unless you install OneDrive desktop app.To keep your Office edition up-to-date and benefit from automatic updates, you should also connect to the Internet regularly. When you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means you can access or print your documents, but you will not be able to update or build new documents. Simplify reactivating your Office software by reconnecting the Internet.
To use the Office software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you don't need to be linked to the Internet because the programs are completely installed on your computer.
What is the maximum number of Office licenses I can activate using the same Microsoft account?
Users can activate 1 Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscription, and up to 25 Office Home & Student 2019, Office Home & Business 2019, and Office Professional 2019 licenses.